Andrew C Aitchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It looks to me as if your make World failed (but kept going as it
> usually does) so install tried again and failed.
>
> I have
>       xc/programs/rstart/contexts/@Aliases
>       xc/programs/rstart/samples/contexts.odt1/@Aliases
>       xc/programs/rstart/samples/contexts.sun/@Aliases
> all with matching ,v files, so it may be a problem with your check out,
> or another case of one broken platform in 12.

Well I found my problem. We build all our versions of XFree86 using
source code stored in Perforce (a branch to our devel tree that allows
easy merging back/forth). As it turns out, Perforce does not seem to like
filenames with an '@' symbol in them, and then never got checked into
Perforce!! I will have to see if I can manually check those files into
the machine, otherwise we will have a problem ;-(.

What exactly are these files for? Is there any reason why they using the
@ symbol in file names specifically?

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~