Egbert Eich wrote:
This is really difficult.
I have compared Julisz's and Kean's patches.
Juliusz doesn't implement the -r option while Kean's code doesn't fix
the '(null)' problem, Kean doesn't generate an encodings file if no
encodings are to be processed while Juliusz generates one containing
a 0.
I could mix both fixes and we may get closer to the truth.
Sorry about that. I made my fix against one that had the NULL problem in it. I think we're getting closer though ...

From the code I don't see a difference in order between you version
and Juliusz's either, am I wrong?
No you're not. I didnt know if those semantics were important so I didn't change them. I am not sure they are important, but since this is a replacement for mkfontdir, I think it is prudent to err on the side of caution. You never know what odd behaviour people depend on.

> Please also note that the -x option conflicts with the usage in > mkfontdir. In mkfontscale it means "add an encoding". In mkfontdir it This should definitely be fixed.
Do you want to do it or would you like some help? If the latter, tell me what you want to do. Change -x in mkfontscale to be "ignore a suffix" or keep its "add an encoding" meaning. I am in favour (personally) of making -x mean "eXclude a suffix" and perhaps changing the current mkfontscale's -x to -a, for (a)dd an encoding. There is a fair amount of momentum in other programs for -x being an exlusion list and -a being an append list, so this would retain consistancy, at least from an intuitive point of view. But it is also possible there are lots of peoples scripts depending on the current mkfontscale -x. You know better than I, its your call.

Kean