May be this question is not strictly suited to this list, but I see lots of
people contributing from lots of different platforms.
The question regards to stack space management under different platforms, or
execution models.
Under my preferred platform ( QNX 4.25 ) stack space is allocated at process
creation, and remains fixed until process death. Thas is so because the data
segment layout leaves the heap on top, so it can grow easily. So, one must
guess how much stack would be needed, and give the figure to the linker.
The question is: are there some other ( not exotic, of course ) platforms
that allows stack growing on demand ? i.e the stack as one segment by its
own, which can be dynamically re-allocated during process lifetime ?
Thank you