On 2003.07.08 06:46, Alan Hourihane wrote:
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:25:40AM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> Bugzilla #434 shows a x11perf regression test between 4.3.0 and a
rather
> current CVS versions. The performance of some tests has gone down by
> >20% for a specific test, some other tests have suffered a
performance
> penalty of >3%.
> There may be a simple explanation for this however I can't find it
> right now.
> Any idea?

Egbert,

I believe this guy had 4.3.0 running with a savage with UseBIOS off
because
the BIOS failed for some reason so the UseBIOS option was turned off.

In the later 4.3.99.x series the BIOS now works for him, but
unfortunately
the BIOS makes some more conservative settings for the accelerator
engine
in the savage.

If he add Option "UseBIOS" "off" back in, I believe that will solve
his
problem.

OK I'll redo the tests for CVS. But I don't really understand why I saw only few performance problems and almost all other tests are good (and several are even very very good wrt to 4.3.0.
Anyway I'll post the result here and on bugzilla.
Bye
Manu