Marc Aurele La France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On 9 Jul 2003, Alexander Pohoyda wrote:
> > Matthieu Herrb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Alexander Pohoyda wrote (in a message from Monday 7)
> > >  > http://www.alexander-pohoyda.privat.t-online.de/patches/twm.Imakefile.diff
>
> > > Can you elaborate on why is it useful to switch from single quote
> > > quoting to backslashes?
>
> > It may be not useful as much, but with an old version we end up
> > calling a command:
> > [...] cc -c [...] -DHAS_MKSTEMP
> > '-DSYSTEM_INIT_FILE="'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/twm'/system.twmrc"' parse.c
> > which is not consistent, does not look very nice and requires more
> > processing by the shell.
>
> ... but is still required for portability reasons.

Oh! Good to know. Thanks.
May I also ask on which system/shell/compiler/imake would my patch fail?
Just for the record.
I'm really sorry if I miss some common knowledge here.

I'm wondering how this can work then:

./xc/programs/xkbcomp/Imakefile:ROOT_DEFINES = -DDFLT_XKB_CONFIG_ROOT=\"$(LIBDIR)/xkb\"
./xc/programs/xdm/Imakefile:RANDOM_DEFINES = -DDEV_RANDOM=\"/dev/urandom\"

--
Alexander Pohoyda
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>