On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Chris Edgington wrote:

>Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:00:26 -0500
>From: Chris Edgington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Distributing new DDX for testing
>
>I've completed the addition of Silicon Motion SM731 support to the
>siliconmotion driver. This obviously required modifying the driver and a few
>non-driver specific files - extrapci.ids and xf86PciInfo.h. I'm now
>preparing to send the driver to someone else for some additional testing. If
>the receiver is already running XFree86 4.3.x, what files  (binary files) do
>I need to send to them? Is the following list sufficient: XFree86, scanpci,
>siliconmotion_drv.o?

The best thing to do is file a bug report in bugzilla at
http://bugs.xfree86.org and attach your patch to the bug report
as a unified diff (diff -Naur) to the report using the bugzilla
file attachment feature.  You should ensure the patch applies to
the current developmental CVS head first, and compiles ok.

If you've got binary drivers pre-prepared, you might want to
attach them to the report as well, or point people to a URL where
to download them.  To determine which binary files are needed,
simply take a 4.3.0 installation, and install your driver over
top of the supplied one.  You may need other modules updated as
well.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris