On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:41:45 -0700 "Tim Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:58:06 -0700 (PDT), Alex Deucher wrote:
> >
> >Does savage HW even support acceleration with rotation?
>
> The Savage hardware wouldn't know about it.  That's the point here: I would
> have to modify the driver to rotate all the coordinates.  For lines and
> rectangles, it's easy.  For bitmaps and text, it's hard; that's why I'd like
> to fall back to ShadowFB for part of it, since it already knows how to do
> this.

well you could just do EVERYTHING in rotated space. ie rotate coords for
primitives (lines, polys, arcs, rects etc.) and for bitmaps keep them in the fb
or pixmap memeory in rotated form, rather than normal. the only conversion here
is done at XPut/GetImage (XShmPut/Get Image. Shared pixmaps would need to be
disabled to treated specially).... ? (xvideo could do it too... to a certain
extent... you'd need to keep Y, U and V pixels at the same res unless the hw
supports vertically different resolutions ... you get the idea)

you'd also need to rotate coords of clip rects etc... but it'd be possible to do
with full acceleration on all drivers this way (agin - with the exception of
xvideo etc.)

> --
> - Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
熊耳 - 車君                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)413 451 899    Home Phone: 02 9698 8615