On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Tan Wei Chong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I notice that in Xv PutImage hook, the incoming clipBoxes parameter gives two
> rectangle coordinates, the first one being the the four corner of the window
> displaying the video image, the second one (which confused me) being a rectangle
> from 0,0 (origin of the screen) to the upper left corner of the displaying window,
> why start from the origin of the screen?

   I don't understand the question.  The driver's PutImage hook
has a clipBoxes paramenter which is a pointer to a RegionRec, which is
a structure.  One uses it as follows:

BoxPtr         pbox    = REGION_RECTS(clipBoxes);
int            nbox    = REGION_NUM_RECTS(clipBoxes);

   This will give you a array of screen-relative boxes which describe
the visible part of the destination.

                        Mark.