Hey,
        I've done some work on porting the vfb device to new device driver
interface. See:

        http://www.skynet.ie/~mark/pub/vfb-driver.tgz

        Its mostly there ... GNOME seems to run fine on it, for example. There
are a few things that remain to be done, though:

        1) Implement support for headless (i.e. no monitor) devices in the
xfree86/common layer.

        2) Port over the dummy input device handling from hw/vfb.

        3) Add msync() and gethostname() support to os-support.

        (2) and (3) are fairly trivial, I'll get to them soonish, but I've
taken a look at doing (1) and started to feel like I was getting well
out my depth. If anyone has any advice, or indeed, would like to do that
hacking it'd be much appreciated.

        Also, I'm unsure of the policy for getting unfinished stuff in XFree86.
Can this be committed and added to DevelDrivers or should I wait until
the above items are finished before trying to get it committed ?

Thanks,
Mark.