hi

I needed to crosscompile x11 for an arm board.  I was able to do so by
changing the host.def and cross.rules.  Linux on the arm board has
framebuffer support.  Hence i opted for 'Xfbdev' server(correct ???).

Now my questions are

1.  When i am running the Xfbdev server i get the following error

       FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

       Fatal server error:
       no screens found
       XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server
":0.0"
       after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

    I did search in the forums for solution to these problems.  I found
almost everyone mentioning about XF86Config not being proper.  But could not
come up with anything +ve.  Can anyone tell me what are the basic things i
have to put into the config(especially telling it to use my non-standard
framebuffer driver).

2.  When i am using framebuffer driver(where all configuration would have
already been made),  do we still need XF86Config(or we don't require it ?)

3.  I have put etc, usr & var directories created by 'make install' in
respective places.  Is there any other things i have to take care in the
target board's linux inorder to make x11 work.

4.  I am using serial terminal(no keyboard for the board) for running X.
Does it pose any problems?.

Thanking you in advance
harsha