Hi,

I recently bought an IBM ThinkPad G40 with the Intel 852GM/855GM graphics chipset. Now I wonder after a few hours of playing with different XF86Config setups if it is possible to run Xinerama dualhead on this chipset (with internal TFT panel and external CRT screen).

The keyboard has buttons to switch between internal, external and internal + external modes but the latter means that the screens are just duplicated and this functionality seems independent of the driver.

The following thread seems to indicate that the chipset has hw support for dual-head but that the driver doesn't:

Now, my question is: is the above thread true?

Regards,
David