I've noticed that the reference to in6addr_any in xtrans has broken
libICE.so compatibility, at least on FreeBSD 4.3.  This shows up a
runtime loader error when attempting to run applications built against
an older version of the library:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6: Undefined symbol "in6addr_any"

It is almost certainly related to in6addr_any being a const.

I'm not sure if this is a localised problem, or if it affects a
wider range of platforms.  I'm committing a workaround that makes
use of IN6ADDR_ANY_INIT when available, and that works here.

Has anyone seen this to be a problem on other platforms?

David
--
David Dawes
developer/release engineer                      The XFree86 Project