On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:01:32AM +0100, Frank Gießler wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I need some help. For debugging purposes I want to build a server that is loadable,
>except
>for the glx module which should be statically linked in. How do I do this?

You'll need to modify Xserver/Imakefile to include the necessary libraries
(they get built static for the other X servers, like Xnest).  You may
also need to modify how xf86IniExt.c gets built so that GLX is handled
like other built-in extensions.

There are no standard build switches for selectively building in
extensions.  It would be easier to build a completely static server
unless what you're debugging needs to have other parts as modules.

David
--
David Dawes
developer/release engineer                      The XFree86 Project