On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Solaris 2.5.1 x86, XFree86 4.4.0 RC1 (and 4.3.0) won't start, with the
> following error:

> Fatal server error:
> xf86MapVidMem:  mmap failure:  No such device or address

> as a result of the xf86MapVidMem call in SetResetBIOSVars from
> xc/programs/XFree86/hw/xfree86/int10/helper_exec.c.  The problem seems to
> be the address of zero that is passed in this call.  The device is
> /dev/vt01 which exists and isn't a problem in other mmap calls.

> If I remove all calls to SetResetBIOSVars and xf86Int10SaveRestoreBIOSVars
> (which were introduced in 4.3.0) then everything seems to work ok.  Does
> anyone know how to get around/fix this properly?

You have encountered a bug for which I've just committed a fix.  The fix
will show up in the next release candidate (or 4.4 whichever comes first).

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |