Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 31.12.03 um 02:42 Uhr schrieb Mario Klebsch:

1. I'm using '#define HasGetIfAddrs YES' in darwin.cf (This should
   probably be the default, but I forgot about it until now), it
   changes the way network interfaces addresses are collected.

I did that change manually and broadcasts now work fine. but...
I also realize, that the GetIfAddrs does not include the IPv6 addresses anymore. So it would solve my initial problem, too, but would leave a compatibility problem in the XDMCP code. I suspect, this not really is a fix and an additional bug in the GetIfAddrs code has lead to the IPv6 addresses being left out.

I removed the HasGetIfAddrs definition from darwin.cf again and tried a different aproach to solve the XDMCP problem. I reordered the connections in a way that connections of the same type as the XDMCP manager connection are send first. And it worked. :-)

So, here is my patch to xc/progrqams/Xserver/os/xdmcp.c:

I hope this solves the compatibility problem without introducing new problems and I wish everyone on these two mailing lists a happy new year.

73, Mario

P.S. two problems still are left unresolved:
-broadcast does not send XDMCP requests to a broadcast address and DefineSelf() does not deliver IPv6 addresses when HasGetIfAddrs is set.
--
Mario Klebsch [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP-Key available at http://www.klebsch.de/public.key