On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 08:35:00AM -0800, Alex Deucher wrote:

> Only the G400 needs it for dualhead and tv-out.  the g450/550 need hal
> to use the DVI port and the g200 MMS cards need it for multi-head.
> it's also needed for mergedfb on all chips.  the mga fb driver supports
> all of this, so in theory it could all be done without hal.

- Is only the G550 capable of swapping CRTC<->DAC mapping or can the
  G400 or G450 do it too?

- G450/G550 tv-out works without the HAL? (I think this is easier, since
  maven is integrated on these chips...)

- what about the DVI addons for the G200 and single head G400?
  Of course, I've never actually seen one of these.

--
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>