dave wrote:
Hi my driver need some system include files in it so I can use the flowing
functions

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>

open()
ioctl()
close()

but the X server design book says all modules (my driver is static) must NOT
include any system
include files

If your driver needs to do ioctls directly, it will probably not be OS independant, which breaks one of the XFree86 modules design goal.
The Correct way to handle this would be to implement the functions that need ioctls in a os-independant manner in the os-support/ part of the server, export these os-idenpdendant API to the modules and then use these os-independant functions in your module.

If you don't follow the above recommendation, you should be able to compile your driver anyways, but it won't be useable on any other os than the one it was developped for, which is not completely correct. (But such modules already exist).