Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

Suresh Chandra Mannava wrote:

Dear Friends, We are porting Xfree86 on to a new 32bit RISC processor. We have test FPGA system running at 2.6 Mega Hertz (Bogomips 0.16) on kernel 2.4.7. proposed system(ASIC) runs on ~300Mhz.

Ack! I read GHz there for some reason. Sorry.

I don't think it will be very useful with stock XFree86.

Well, the question is not whether it would be USEFUL. The question is whether it would be POSSIBLE. They're trying to test their design in an FPGA before committing it to ASIC. It's a proof-of-concept, not a marketing trial.

As long as you are patient, I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work. To the original poster, what is your video device and how is connected? Have you implemented a kernel frame buffer device so that the XFree86 frame buffer driver will work?

--
- Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.