Barry Scott wrote:

I need to get rid of the cursor from the Xserver.

There are a number of X client programs on screen and
I cannot modify all of them to hide the cursor. What I want
is a way to globally hide the cursor.

If you have a number of programs on the screen, why would you want to hide the cursor? What's the use case?

I can easily understand wanting to hide the cursor within a single application. In a kiosk application, for example, or a VCR or DVD app, it's easy to see the justification. However, I do NOT understand the motivation for hiding the cursor in a general desktop situation, thereby making the system unusable. Unlike Windows, where every program is required to operate without a mouse, X apps tend to rely heavily on the pointer.

--
- Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.