I do not know the proper 'channel' for this sort of feedback, but we
have for some time been using the following enhancement for 'xon' that
others might find useful.  We do not run remsh/rcmd/rsh servers on our
systems.  So we add a new flag so we can say
 xon target -remote ssh command
to go through SSH instead.  Note that because of the way xon is used,
no SSH session is left behind, and the DISPLAY is the X server rather
than being tunneled through SSH.  Whether this is a bug or a feature is
a matter of taste.

Here is a diff -c listing from the version in my Panther desktop, which
is apparently 1.7:

 "    -debug          enable error messages from remote execution"
      echo "    -name name      set alternate application name and window title"
      echo "    -nols           do not pass -ls option to remote xterm"
-     echo "    -remote cmd     use cmd for connection instead of rsh"
      echo "    -screen screen  change remote screen number to specified screen"
      echo "    -user user      run remote command as the specified user"
      exit 1
--- 17,22 ----
***************
*** 134,147 ****
                shift
                redirect=
                ;;
-       -remote)
-               shift
-               if [ $rsh != "sh" ]; then
-                       rsh="$1"
-               rcmd="$rsh $target -n"
-               fi
-               shift;;