2008/12/22 Ferdinandus, Humphrey <humphrey.ferdinan...@ou.nl>:
> Hi,
>

> When importing a CSV file I get: Data truncation: data too long for column.
>

> It seems to be caused by special characters in the string I am trying to
> insert.  I am using MYSql 5.0.51a and MMBase 1.8.6.20080804. Tried tackling
> it in the java code but it seems to be at insert time.
>

> Any suggestions?

Try starting with checking whether everyting is consistent regarding
to character encodings. The database setting in mmbaseroot.xml
('mysql'?). The connection string ('useUnicode=true,
characterEncoding=UTF-8 ?), the encoding of the relevant table ('show
create table'). If not consistent, fix that. If consistent, try
manually inserting something. Perhaps the CSV file contained invalid
UTF-8?. Check that. Etc. Those kind of things I'd start doing.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org
nl_NL eo_XX en_US