Hi ,

I am not at work, and so don't have Axapta to look it up, but there are 3 hints I believe to have for this problem:

1. you must define i as typeofenum i, not int i

2. there is a system-function enum2str (?, I'm not sure about the name, but it exists), so you must use enum2str(i) then

3. you must take care of gaps in the enum-integer-values

hope that helps

regards
Juergen

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "prabodh_kelkar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Harry,

Thanks for giving me time and trying out things for me ....
You tried to insert value in a enum field ABC. But I was trying the reverse way.....
I wanted to insert enum value to string field and not reverse
way.....
At last what i did is, i put all values to container, then used conpeek function in loop to get values from the container & then inserted that value by converting to string.....
Do u have any way to insert enum value to string field ???

Thanks,
Prabodh Kelkar

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Harry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> hi Prabodh!
> > Confused.
> > I tried on my machine. Tried to insert value in a enum field
ABC.
When i = 0
> at the time of inserting the table browser shows the value of ABC::None,
> when i was 1 table browser shows the value of ABC::A and so on.
> > Are u trying something different?
> > regards
> > harry deshpande

displayed
> when
> > browsing the table.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > harry

values
as
> > different rows....so I am using a loop.
> > In that loop I want to assign .....
> >
> > ABCTable.ColumnName = Enumvalue of enum at element equal to
> Counter ;
> >
> > then I use --> ABCTable.insert();
> >
> > but, in loop i am not able to get value of the element at
position
> > equal to counter, in the enum.
> > How should I do that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prabodh Kelkar
> >

> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > try this.
> > > int counter;
> > > SysDictEnum SysDictEnum;;
> > > SysDictEnum = new SysDictEnum(EnumNum(ABC));
> > > for (counter = 0;
> > > counter <= enumcnt(ABC)-1;
> > > counter++)
> > > {
> > > info(SysDictEnum.index2Label(counter));
> > > }
> > >
> > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Med venlig Hilsen
> > > Jesper J¢rgensen
> > >
> > > Original Message processed by Tobit InfoCenter
> > > Subject: [development-axapta] Re: How to access enum values
in
> loop
> > (15-Sep-2003 11:32)
> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > > Thanks for quick reply....
> > > But this is not my problem.
> > > say that there is enum "TestEnum1" with 4
elements "A","B","C"
> > > and "D". I want to print "A","B","C" and "D".......
> > > I want to do this using a for loop with counter i...
> > > How to get the element of enum "TestEnum1" at position i,
> > > programmatically and print it........
> > > Thanks,
> > > Prabodh Kelkar
> > >

> > > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Harry