Hi

The questions still unanswered are:
1) Is the sort applied before or after the invoice number is assigned?
i.e.
can this sort influence the number assigned to a journal or does it only
come into effect after each journal has been created (strictly the
prinout)

** The sort cannot influence the number assigned to the journal and the
sort is applied after the invoice number is assigned.

can actually get it to work and maybe who actually uses this in a real
life
situation and if so can you add your input please :)

** Ummm, I do not know anyone who has used it but I can guess of a
scenario...

accounts department prints all the invoices during the night and the
clerk files the invoices in the morning. Now if the invoices are being
filed in alphabetical order (customer code or name) then you would sort
them on that field. If the invoices are being filed in the number
sequence then you will sort them on the number. Stretching things a bit
to use the functionality I guess, cant think of anything else right now.

Regards

Harry