Thanks Carsten,

I have been trying to make some sense of the SysSetupFrom classes but still
dont seem to be able to find where the code for hidding a control the user
has hidden previously is (i.e. where is it that the users setup gets applied
to the form), any chance you could give me somewhere where I can see it in
action?

I spotted in SysSecurityFormSetup.loadSecurity some examples of the security
settings being applied, such as:

                formControl = SysSecurityFormSetup::getFormControl(_formRun,
mapIterator.key());
                formControl.userSecurityLevel(accessType + 1);

which gives me an idea of how I can control the form using access right
levels but I think I want to know how to control the form via direct
enable/disable (partly I am not sure if I use access rights whether I need
to do some processor intensive 'redraw' of the form??? .... the access to
the controls will change with each record the user selects or modifies so I
need I think I need to be careful not to make a hog of a solution ...)

Thanks
James