Hi..,
You cannot see dat & def files in any of the folder structure within Axapta.
The reason is axapta doesnot store the data. That part is taken care by
SQL/Oracle.

The demo data you can find in the CD coming with Axapta installation setup.

If you donot have a CD. Then the only solution is create your own *.dat & *.def
from a different system that has data. Follow the same step for data import,
except that you choose the option "EXPORT" instead of import.

Now the data in your friends system can be stored in dat & def in a folder of
ur choice . Take it & import it in your system.
regds
Sailendran Rajan

email_young123 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I can not see the dat and def files on any of
 the folder structure within Axapta. I do not have access to
 Partnersource or Customersource to get access to the demo data files?
 Is there any other approach to import test data to the system?

 Thanks so much for your time on this.

 --- In development-axapta@yahoogroups.com, Sailendran Rajan
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > From Main menu follow the path to invoke the import/xport utility
 as follows.
 > Main->administration>Dataexport/import>import.
 > now select the folder containing data. There will be 2 files. one
 with ".dat" xtension, and other with ".def". the data is in *.dat
 file and the other one is its definition file. see that def file is
 in the folder. now you can import data by clicking OK. The data will
 be imported to your current company.
 > cheers
 >
 > email_young123 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:                                  Can anyone outline how to
 install demo data to AX 4.0? I have a new