Hi,

On 05/01/2024 08:21, Elias Steurer via Development wrote:

> git for windows comes with perl

Is this new? Because my installation does not have it. I just checked, and the folder my env path points to only contains git.exe, git-gui.exe, and no Perl.

This is not new - it has (to my knowledge) always been there.

If you check the Git installation folder you'll find a .../usr directory and a .../usr/bin inside - that one contains Perl as well as hundreds of other Unix utilities. If you add this to your PATH variable you will have access to all of them.

Git on Windows replicates a bit of the Unix hierarchy in its installation folder. But it only exposes a small subset to the Windows command line through the .../bin or .../cmd folders.

    Konrad