> any suggestions ?

This looks very good Stephan.  I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more
convenent to create samba share template fragments for the devices
instead of grouping all of the links to the devices in an ibay (I'd be
happy to do this if you'd like).  For example, you'd have a share named
zip_drive to the zip drive, etc.  This then lends itself to drive letter
mapping on windose clients.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.