I've been trying out ipsec and the devinfo-freeswan package for 5.6.
Got it working between two e-smith boxes on the local lan but in a short
while I'm going to have to set up vpn links between e-smith boxes in
remote offices and a central Sonicwall router, which will mean rolling
my own custom scripts.

I'm intrigued by the ipsec.conf file that the devinfo package creates,
where 4 connections are formed.  What's the intention behind this
design?  Does it help avoid routing problems?

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill