For the last few years I've used OpenH323 on VPN'd connections between
sites, with IP Phones and users with Gnomemeeting and OhPhone. I've always
set up gatekeepers up on "internal" machines with Procomm VoIP phones
looking to that as its gatekeeper.

I'd love to have OpenH323 as a core package on GPL releases of SME. It's
not that hard to do but it can be unreliable sometimes. Has anyone else
ever played with this before ? It's saved me a lot of money in the past
and it's proved to be something that allowed me to work easier and more
sensibly as a startup company. The quality as well with cable/dsl users
was more than adequate.

Any help and advice about compiled rpm's that work happily on SME
gratefully appreciated. We're all here to learn and I have $1500 of unused
VoIP handsets upstairs that I would love to use properly.

Dick