Well, in theory - yes, in practice, it ain't so easy.

The NodeInfoServlet resides on port 8890, that is the thing that draws the nice
menu to the left, and can't really support controlling of the entire
web-browser window, which is why we need FProxy.

Now, we could - say - set it up so that going to :

http://localhost:8890/fproxy/CHK%40...

Works like going to:

http://localhost:8888/CHK%40...

does now - however we would no-longer be able to take advantage of links to the
server root (ie. hyperlinks which begin with "/").  That would be unfortunate.

I guess we could also determine in real-time whether the URL looks like an
FProxy link, or whether it looks like a NodeInfoServlet link.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Founder & Coordinator, The Freenet Project    http://freenetproject.org/