Gianni Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 17:11, you wrote:
> > The FEC code in freenet-ext.jar is not GPL compatible.
>
> I hadn't turned it on by default yet because the fproxy UI code still has
> some bugs in it.  Maybe it's time to turn it on bugs and all.
>
> As far as licensing goes IANAL

Me neither (as if you couldn't guess that).

> Justin's FEC stuff is under a modified BSD license.
>
> I've seen some people say you can't mix BSD and GPL code and others say you
> can't.   If you have definitive links, please post them.

Actually, the license is not my concern here (AFAICS
BSD-without-advertising is used, which is GPL-compatible). That some
parts[1] of freenet-ext.jar don't come with source is the problem
here.

Binaries without complete source are not free software (or open source
software), regardless of their license.

--
Robbe