On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 01:21:02AM -0400, Gianni Johansson wrote:
> I have code in my local tree that fixes fproxy FEC inserting.  In order to
> get it working I had to move fproxy and nodeinfo onto the same port as
> outlined in my previous mail:
++++++cooool!

> http://hawk.freenetproject.org/pipermail/devl/2002-September/001052.html
> (I haven't broken inserting into a separate servelet yet.)
>
> I think that this should simplify adding new functionality in the future.
>
> It also fixes the problem people (including me!) were having running fproxy
> off a remote machine.
>
> e.g.: http://hawk.freenetproject.org/pipermail/devl/2002-September/001036.html
>
> It might cause grief for the installer maintainers since I had to change
> the way fproxy parameters are handled in the config file.
Hmm. Did you make defaults work? Currently, defaults for servlets don't
work, except to get written into the config file. This is the main
reason an empty config file won't even load a transient, and is very
annoying in implementing for example the Distribution Servlet.

--
Matthew Toseland
Freenet/Coldstore open source hacker.