Hey, everyone.

I tried to get git over fproxy working last night and I got a couple of
results.

I was able to insert a cloned repository into freenet and retrieve it with the
following URL:

http://localhost:8888/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/foo.git/2?type=text/plain

The reason for this is the warning page that fproxy shows when it does not
know the content type of a file or does not know how to filter it. Adding a
command-line parameter right now is the only way to make fproxy deliver the
content of the file immediately.

Then fproxy also insisted on returning HTTP status code 500 if a file is not
in a site’s archive but that was changed easily (r20207).

After I fixed up git to include the path of the objects it wants into the URL
before the query string I was able to successfully pull a repository from
freenet.

 I though I could just roll up the patch and submit it to git but there were
indeed some problems with it (as pointed out[1] by Junio). Basically, my
patch will break URLs like http://foo.org/serve.cgi?project=bar.git. That is
pretty much unacceptable.

So I need a way to retrieve a file from freenet _without_ the warning page and
_without_ adding a query string to the URL. Can we introduce something like
http://localhost:8888/unchecked/<key> to retrieve the file, no matter what?
Maybe with a config option to disable that behaviour to prevent people from
clicking the link and being “infected” with whatever is delivered?

As I'm starting to like git more and more I do want to see it supported in
Freenet and this is the only way to make it work that I can currently think
about.

Thank you for listening,

        David

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/83875