On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Florent Daignière
<nextg...@freenetproject.org> wrote:
> * Evan Daniel <eva...@gmail.com> [2009-02-27 10:58:19]:
>> I think it would be inappropriate to reduce the connection limit
>> without further testing.
[...]
> Tweaking that code based on one's experience is just plain silly.

Then it seems we're in agreement.

Tweaking an emergent system based on hunches is silly.  Gathering data
and tweaking based on that data isn't.  Individual anecdotes like my
node's performance prove nothing, but can suggest routes for further
investigation.  Right now, all I think we know is that the current
system works, and that there is reason to believe improvement is
possible (ie unused available bandwidth).  Do you disagree with that
assessment?

Is there a reason not to investigate this?  I'm not wedded to any
particular solution or testing method, and I can think of plenty of
flaws in mine.  If you have an improved proposal, by all means say so.

Evan Daniel