On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Florent Daignière
<nextg...@freenetproject.org> wrote:
> Well, the website is all about its content; not the engine... I do think
> that google's website thingy (http://sites.google.com) is more than
> enough for our purpose.

I like this idea, provided that it is sufficient to meet our needs.
For example, it would be hard to do things like dynamic updating of
our account balance - which seems to have a very positive effect on
donations.  I guess we could run some code elsewhere that periodically
updates this (does Google Pages have an API?).

Can you have your own domain name with Google Pages?

Google App Engine would afford the most flexibility (but also the most
rope to hang ourselves), and it now supports Java.  If we do migrate
the website we *must* endeavor to make it look good, people have much
higher expectations about a website's appearance today than they did 9
years ago.  Ideally we should grab some open source web code to use as
a basis (perhaps something from Mozilla).

> What about using github's issue tracking thingy instead?

I like this idea.  I think it is clear that there is a lot of cruft in
Mantis, open bugs that are no-longer relevant etc.  Cleaning house
would be useful.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke