On Wednesday 23 June 2010 20:33:50 Sich wrote:
> Le 23/06/2010 21:01, Matthew Toseland a écrit :
> > Insert a random, safe key
> > This is much safer than the first option, but the key will be different
> > every time you or somebody else inserts the key. Use this if you are the
> > original source of some sensitive data.
> >

> Very interesting for filesharing if we split the file.
> When some chunk are lost, you have only to reinsert those who are
> lost... But then we use much datastore... But it's more secure...
> Loosing datastore space is a big problem no ?

If some people use the new key and some use the old then it's a problem. If
everyone uses one or the other it isn't. I guess this is another reason to use
par files etc (ugh).

The next round of major changes (probably in 1255) will introduce cross-segment
redundancy which should improve the reliability of  really big files.

Long term we may have selective reinsert support, but of course that would be
nearly as unsafe as reinserting the whole file to the same key ...

If you're building a reinsert-on-demand based filesharing system let me know if
you need any specific functionality...