Freenet 0.7.5 build 1450 is now available. Please upgrade. This build will be
mandatory on August 2nd.

Major changes:
- Fix a web interface problem affecting updates (see below), but also some
other functionality (e.g. removing files downloaded to temporary space).
- Remove some dubious back-compatibility code introduced in 1449, which was
only there to ensure that you could downgrade to 1448 or earlier and then
upgrade to 1449+ without problems. This means that downgrading before 1448 is
not a good idea especially if you have darknet peers.
- Remove support for an old connection setup protocol introduced in 2011
(connection setup negotiation type 7). Neg type 8 was added by nextgens in
October 2012, so virtually all active nodes should have it by now. Note that if
nodes are so old that they don't have negType 8, even update over mandatory
won't work as of this build: We only keep back compatibility for 6 months. This
simplifies our code and improves performance and security because we will now
only use ECDH, not classic Diffie-Hellman.
- Russian translation update.
- New nodes will have their persistent tempfile folder as "persistent-temp" not
"persistent-temp-[port number]". This is not changed on old nodes yet, as it
would involves changing filenames in the client layer database.

There was a small problem in the auto-update code in 1448 and 1449: If
"Automatically install new versions" was turned off, the confirmation button
shown when a new version has been downloaded would fail to do anything, so
updating wouldn't work. If this affects you please just turn that config option
(on http://127.0.0.1:8888/config/node.updater) to "true" until the update has
been deployed (you might need to restart the node once). Sorry about that.

Thanks for using Freenet! Credits:

Bombe
hungrid
toad