On Saturday 31 August 2002 14:41, you wrote:

> So an alternate date format may make sense... how about
>
> /DATE at YYYYMMDD/SSK at ...? SSK at blah/blah at YYYYMMDD ? @ is reserved in
> keys,
> isn't it?

This looks confusing to me.  I wouldn't use the @ symbol.  That already has a
meaning.

Whats wrong with:

/__DATE__YYYYMMDD/SSK%40rBjVda8pC-Kq04jUurIAb8IzAGcPAgM/TFE//

or maybe something like this since DBR's can have periods shorter than 1 day.

/__DATE__YYYYMMDDHHMM/SSK%40rBjVda8pC-Kq04jUurIAb8IzAGcPAgM/TFE//

It's just a matter of taste I guess.  As long as you are not using "?" I
don't really care how you do it.

> I want old-edition links to work without invoking click-through security,
> because they represent no conceivable security risk above regular links.
We definitely agree here.
> The other possibility is to special case ?date=YYYYMMDD<end of URL> in the
> parser.
I don't like this idea for the reasons I outlined in my previous message.

It's a slippery slope....

-- gj