On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Cl?ment<cvollet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le mercredi 1 juillet 2009 14:15:30, Ian Clarke a ?crit :
>> Just saw this:
>>
>> ? http://dev.opencongress.org/images/redesign/home_page.jpg
>>
>> I think its a really great design - looks good and conveys a sense of
>> openness and freedom, I'm wondering if it could serve as inspiration
>> for our site?
>
> I don't see how it fits our needs ? The freenet website's goal is to present a
> product, make it simple to download & install, and provide support.

I'm more referring to the color scheme and general "feel" of it, not
the specific layout.

> Anyway, if someone want to do it, fine, but it would have been nice to tell
> that before I actually made a new design (which tend to look like most of the
> get<name_of_a_software> websites, which is what, if I understood well, you
> wanted :p).

It is, and its great that people are contributing designs - but its
going to be an iterative process.  Its unlikely that we'll find just
one design and use it without any modifications.

> Btw, any decision regarding this design ? I don't mind improving it (and
> there's room for improvement, change in colors, or whatever people dislike),
> but only if it will actually be used.

I think it is a good starting point - didn't you receive feedback on it already?

Where is Toad, he is being awfully quiet...

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke
CEO, Uprizer Labs