On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Guillaume Lerouge <guilla...@xwiki.com>wrote:

> Hi Pascal,
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Pascal Voitot
> <pascal.voitot....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have developped a little XWiki selection tool because I needed it for
> own
> > purpose.
> > It provides a way to hook the xwikiexplorer provided within the Wysiwyg
> > editor to an existing form and when you select a space and page, the
> result
> > is put into the form.
> > This is a standalone gwt client module with no server part based mainly
> on
> > the wysiwyg code.
> > It doesn't require the wysiwyg to compile (lots of code comes directly
> from
> > wysiwyg but not all the code from wysiwyg was needed)
> > It can be deployed outside XWiki and uses an existing XWiki instance in
> the
> > same domain.
> > It also provides a way to login/logout to the existing XWiki instance.
> >
> > I wondered whether it would be of any interest to someone...
> >
> > The idea is described here in details and there is a demo site it also...
> >

> http://www.mandubian.org/magnoliaPublic/mandubian-org/opensource-playground/xwiki-selector.html
> >
> > Don't hesitate to comment... this is a draft...
> >

> It's obviously still a bit rough but it looks great :-) There's a lot of
> potential behind the idea / concept and we should start working on making
> it
> easier to embed WYSIWYG component outside of XWiki.

DID YOU SAY IT SOMEWHERE ELSE? ;)

> The fact that the modal box is centered on the page looks a bit weird since
> the select is at the top left of the page but it's a pretty minor issue...

not my fault :)
This is the wysiwyg code which centers it ;);););) (if you look at the
project code, I have copied not all but lots of wysiwyg classes... a bit
nasty but it works well enough to demonstrate)

Anyway, where would you like to see it? around the select ?

I did everything I could not to redevelop anything...
I spent some time understanding the wysiwyg and overriding only bare
necessities.
I think the wizard could also be externalized from the wysiwyg and
"generalized"... It is quite useful to create some gwt tools.

> We could use such a selector for selecting the page where to import a given
> document in the XWiki Office Importer for instance. Actually it could be
> used in the Create page panel too... Did I say this concept had a great
> potential already? ;-)

yes you did :)
For example, I use the selector in my magnolia+Xwiki module to add a new
XWiki paragraph in my magnolia website... I can also create a Xwiki page
from the selector... I can build one magnolia page from several xwiki page
etc...
As I didn't want to access the full XWiki interface just to edit a
paragraph, I also created a "lightweight" skin with just the wysiwyg/wiki
editor+syntax choice but no object/class/attachment/comment/... I can
integrate it into a Magnolia dialog... quite practical also... I will
explain that on my website when I have some time...