DFC-L,

As indicated below, the TXshop system through which the DFC Online store operates is having some issues with the independent credit card security system it uses. If you have problems with your credit card purchases, it more than likely is related to this. I've been getting reports of occasional problems for at least a week, but until yesterday most transactions seemed to be going through except for those of a couple of unlucky individuals. Yesterday it looked like about 50% of the 15 or so credit card attempts were declined. Four of 5 so far today went through, and the one declined had been declined yesterday as well. I will send another note once I'm told the problem has been fixed, but meanwhile (after reading the instructions) don't beat your head against the wall trying over and over if the system declines your card. Thanks for your patience.

Dean

Subject: RE: Re: Trouble Paying for conference
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:54:46 -0500
From: "Timothy J Chamberlain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dean,

We have been experiencing similar troubles with several stores lately. We are currently working with VeriSign to get to the bottom of the issue­we know it’s a frustrating experience for you. We hope to come to some sort of resolution before the end of the day so that your customers can complete their purchases. Again, I apologize for this inconvenience, and I will be back in contact with you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Chamberlain
Community Solutions Team (ITS-EIS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(512) 232-7051

--
Dean A. Hendrickson, Ph.D.
Curator of Ichthyology, University of Texas, Texas Natural Science Center, Texas Natural History Collections, PRC 176 / R4000, 10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758-4445 U.S.A. Phone 512 471-9774; FAX 512 471-9775; http://www.utexas.edu/tmm/tnhc

Section of Integrative Biology (office ESB 320), 1 University Station #C0930, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712  USA. Phone 512 471-9774;
http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/IB

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; https://webspace.utexas.edu/deanhend/www/