I would like to improve the dxf import capabilities in dxf-import.c

DXF supports defining groups of basic entities into BLOCKS. These are created
only once in memory, then inserted at various translations, scaling, and
rotation. The current impelmentation of the dxf-import.c ignores all blocks.
 From my two hours of looking a the source tarball from Dia 0.88, it seems
that the parallel structure in Dia would be shapes.

1. How would one go about dynamically allocating such a structure within
the dxf-import plugin?

2.In the native DXF format, BLOCKS can be referenced (by a character string
identifier) before they are defined. How could one create a forward
reference to a structure that hasn't been allocated yet? Would this require
parsing the DXF file twice - once to harvest the BLOCKS and then again to
get all of the INSERTS to them?

Any other hints would be welcome...
Matti