On Thu, 17 May 2001, Tushar Medhi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I set the this in my autoexec.bat,
>
> SET HOME="C:\Program Files\Dia"
>
> and now I can't even start Dia. I get the first the Runtime Error, saying
> Program: C:\Program Files\Dia\Bin\Dia.exe
>
> Abnormal program termination
>
> And in the background the MS-Dos Window shows the following error,
>
> ** ERROR **: Could not create per-user Dia config directory
> aborting...

Do you have write access to that directory?  I would not recommend
using that directory for HOME (on Windows NT, you should use your home
directory, on 9X I recommend something like c:\home).  Try manually
creating a ".dia" directory underneath the home directory to see if that
allows dia to continue.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]