To this taxonomy, I'd strongly suggest adding "wisdom" - "2. One also needs
to consider distinct difference between Data (or resource), Information
(resource definition) and Knowledge (resource value
to individual) while designing systems for "bridging divides"!!!"

Robert Sternberg at Tufts uses an accepted and workable definition of
"anticipating consequences on behalf of others" and has a variety of ways of
measuring wisdom and a bunch of other "soft" but really significant thinking
processes at http://pace.tufts.edu/ - which may, eventually, trump other
less interesting testing programs that measure how much "stuff" is in a
kid's head, or, rather, how many google clicks may not be needed to recall
trivia.

--
Joe Beckmann
22 Stone Avenue