Fellow .nyc Supporter,

We're sponsoring two events in May, one online the other a Face-to-Face.

RFI Collaboration Wiki - As preparation for the acquisition of the .nyc TLD,
New York City’s Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications
(DoITT) has issued a Request for Information (RFI). We applaud this outreach
effort and are requesting that Connecting.nyc’s community members help assemble
a comprehensive body of information to assist the city with this important
policy development effort.

To augment our RFI response, we've created an RFI Wiki where our community can
collaborate to assemble traditional and innovative ideas for the city’s
consideration. We are particularly interested in ideas on how networking tools
can help connect New York City’s civic, social, and business communities. And
within that scope, how the TLD might facilitate security and privacy for our
city's residents and organizations.

We expect the submission to provide the city with a better understanding of the
multitude of ways the .nyc TLD can help create a more prosperous and livable
city.

Our response to the Request for Information is due May 27. See the RFI Wiki
blog post for more.

Neighborhood Media Centers - A Face to Face meeting on the development of
neighborhood media centers is the second event - e.g., astoria.nyc,
brooklyn-heights.nyc, clinton.nyc, greenwich-village.nyc, etc

With the arrival of the .nyc TLD, we'll soon have the capacity to create local
media centers identified by domain names such as astoria.nyc,
brooklyn-heights.nyc, clinton.nyc, greenwich-village.nyc, etc. Come hear about
this opportunity that promises to strengthen the city's 300+ neighborhoods.

Join us in imagining ways these sites can help neighbors locate and talk to one
another about local problems and opportunities for their resolution. Contribute
to a discussion on who will operate these local media centers, the sites'
content requirements, civic collaboration tools, and appropriate oversight and
accountability. For more, see our Traditional Neighborhood Names wiki page.

When, Where: The Neighborhood Preservation Center, 232 East 11th Street, NY
10003. Wednesday, May 6, 6-8 PM. We've seating for 20. RSVP to
t...@connectingnyc.org.

Both events are sponsored by Connecting.nyc Inc., the NYS not-for-profit
created to guide .nyc's acquisition and development.

Sincerely,

Tom Lowenhaupt

Thomas Lowenhaupt, Founder and Chair
Connecting.nyc Inc.