I found a Mac application that helps with transcribing.
It's called Listen & Type
http://www.nattaworks.com/english.html

Now if I can just find the time to transcribe all my Podcasts. Hopefully we'll find that audio file to text application. :)

Putting the full text of a audio or video piece in RSS might be good way to share this info with people in the deaf community.
-Brian

One of the inherent problems with Internet radio, of course, is that they're audiocasts, and that means you'd have to transcribe the audiocast, unless there's an MP3-to-text transcriber tool that's readily accessible to the public. Is there one?

Like I mentioned in a previous message, we intend to transcribe DDN podcasts. But I would imagine that we'd be in the minority for doing that, as most amateur podcasters are focused on exploring new multimedia casting technologies rather than thinking about equity issues. Surprisingly, I don't see transcripts for WGBH's Morning Stories podcast, which I would have expected given WGBH's accessibility work. It might be because this is such a new medium that people just aren't considering the accessibility implications yet.

Of course, if you podcast video rather than audio, it's not very difficult to caption them...

ac

Grant W. Laird Jr wrote:
Guys,
Dont forget that it probably doesn't support transcripts for deaf community.
I did talked about it in my recent blog...
http://blog.grantlairdjr.com gwlj

--
Andy Carvin