(A version of this item - with live links - is available at
<http://blog.deborah.elizabeth.finn.com/blog/_archives/2005/8/25/1169249.html>.)

Dear Colleagues,

Wednesday evening's gathering of the Boston 501 Tech Club was a
delightful anticipation of this fall's N-TEN regional conference.  We
met for an evening of conversation, food, and drink at the Charles
Hotel's pavillion, which will also be the venue of the October
conference.

I love seeing a combination of new and familiar faces at 501 Tech Club
gatherings, since it gives me an opportunity to indulge in my
compulsion to introduce everyone on the planet to everyone else.

One familiar face that I was thrilled to see in this setting was that
of George McCully, president of the Catalogue For Philanthropy and
creator of the Generosity Index.  George will be serving as the
keynote speaker of the Boston N-TEN regional conference, and had a
chance to widen his acquaintance with the local nonprofit technology
community at Wednesday's gathering.

As I've previously mentioned, I continue to be concerned about the
need for the philanthropic community in Massachusetts to support the
region's nonprofit technology infrastructure.  So it was deeply
satisfying, on a symbolic level, to see George McCully (that maven of
Massachusetts philanthropy) chatting with David Altshuler (founder and
executive director of TechFoundation) while surrounded by the members
of the Boston 501 Tech Club.

The theme of October's conference will be "Enabling Technology
Funding:  Issues for Grantmakers and Grantseekers."  I look forward to
this opportunity to bring these issues to the fore here in
Massachusetts.

Best regards from Deborah

P.S.  Full disclosure of financial relationship:  TechFoundation is
one of my clients, but this expression of enthusiasm was not
requested, endorsed by, or underwritten by TechFoundation.

Deborah Elizabeth Finn
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://blog.deborah.elizabeth.finn.com/blog