Phil,

Thanks for taking the lead on this.  I'd like to encourage you to go a step
further, or encourage a few others on this list to offer their help.

At the following link is a circle that divides into issue areas important to
Boston.  http://www.tbf.org/indicatorsproject/hubofinnovation/innovation.asp

If you click any slice of the pie, you go to information related to that
slice.

If such a navigation tool were available for the Digital Divide Profiles, we
could each know who was already working in the same area, or geography as we
are, and who is working in different areas.

This would make it much easier to network with others than scrolling through
a long list of profiles to find someone who might become a valuable partner
in work any of us are doing.

If such a navigation tool could be created in open space, then we might each
learn to add it to our own web sites, to create a navigation among the
members who visit a single site, and to link visitors from one site to
hundreds of other networks.

Thus, when someone sends out a message, or invitation to an event,  it could
travel through hundreds of networks to thousands of people who might be
interested in that message.

Maybe this already exists.  If so, the challenge is to make it available at
low/no cost to the thousands of people who might want to use it.

This is a form of network analysis.  If any of you are doing work in this
area and need an organization to apply your theory and software to, I'd be
happy to work with you. I've more than 15,000 people in my network and feel
these tools would be extremely valuable to our work.

Thus if  you're looking for ways to demonstrate network analysis concepts in
a practical, on-going application, we might be great partners.

I posted a version of invitation in a blog message I wrote earlier this
week.

Dan Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection
http://tutormentor.blogspot.com