Maybe that's why they call it a beta version.
Jim Lerman

Cyrille Simard wrote:

Le 05-08-26 à 00:36, Daniel O. Escasa a écrit :

Sabi ni Jim noong Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:33:53 -0400:

Google announced today a free IM and talk service for registered  gMail
users (pc only)

Available now at: http://www.google.com/talk/

To be more precise, they have a PC-only client, and in fact if I  recall
rightly, it's *Windows*-only. However, they're using a Jabber server,
and you have a choice of Jabber clients. See http://www.jabber.org for
details. Having said that, I should also add that I've read posts from
at least two people on our local LUG trying Gaim to connect to  Google's
IM server and getting grief. Theory is that Google's Jabber setup  still
has a few rough edges.

don't forget that you actually need a gmail account (free email account with google) to make it work, windows, mac or unix..

cyrille simard

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.