hi everyone -

   one of the interesting features on the Digital Divide Network web site
is the Headline article section on the right front of the web page.
this section of the site lists Headlines of articles from varied
sources on matters relating to the digital divide. (it's useful to note
that digital divide is defined very broadly everywhere on the DDN
site.)

    by checking the Headlines section of the site once a day, you can stay
in the loop about things. you might even learn about some digital
divide related news right in your own town from an article that
someone else spotted in a newspaper in your area. (that happened to me
last month. i read a very interesting local article that i would not
have heard about otherwise.)

     any registered user of the DDN site can submit Headlines. the process
is pretty simple -- you copy and paste the first 2 or 3 paragraphs of
an article and then include info about the source of the article and
web site address of the full article.

      one of the most active posters of Headlines articles is bonnie
bracey. out of curiosity i visited the bottom of her DDN profile to
examine the "My News" section of her DDN profile.  after clicking on
the View All link, i discovered that bonnie has contributed 370
headline articles to the DDN site.

       that's an enormous contribution.

       on the internet, we are each others' eyes and ears. the DDN web
site has been superbly designed so that we can easily share
information and knowledge with one another.

       i'm heading over to Headlines in a minute to add an article from
Wired magazine about the Greasemonkey extension to the Firefox web
browser. then i'll be sending a short, friendly email to the author
of that article mentioning that his article has been linked to from
Headlines.  i'll also briefly mention that longtime DDN member Will
Reed is coordinating the community technology center being set up
in the Astrodome.

        i'll point this reporter to the DDN email list archive for Sept.
2005 at
http://mailman.edc.org/pipermail/digitaldivide/2005-September/date.html

        if the reporter has an interest, he can easily track down Will
Reed's emails and the responses of others in our community.

        we are the weavers of information. the DDN web site and email list
are our loom. what threads can you add to the emerging fabric?

             phil shapiro
             participant and volunteer supporter
             digital divide network

if you'd like to recognize bonnie bracey's contributions to the DDN web
site, one easy way of doing so is to click on the link Add Friend at the
top right of her DDN profile at
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/bbracey

you will then have your name added to the "People Who List Me as a Friend"
at the bottom right of bonnie's DDN profile.

--
Phil Shapiro  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/ (personal)

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others." - Desiderata